Monday, April 11, 2011

Jersey Shore.

Are there any ways in which jersey shore is reflective of how teenagers really live?
I think that there are aspects which are similar to some teenager’s lives, the partying – maybe no to such an extent that I know of but teenagers do go out partying and to clubs and bars etc.
In what ways are their lives distorted from the truth?
You would have to be pretty lucky to be paid for working at a t-shirt shop, and for them to provide accommodation. They have life pretty easy over this period of time. Other than their easy, relaxed job at an ice-cream parlour or something, they can basically do whatever they want.
Does this show mirror the way you live? Or is it more like you’re an anthropologist looking in on this society?
It definitely does not mirror the way I live. I don’t go to many parties, and if I do they are definitely no way near as crazy and out of hand as the parties on jersey shore. I don’t go to bars and clubs. I don’t go away for the summer to party with a bunch of friends, get drunk and sleep around. So it is more to me like I am an anthropologist looking in on this group of people and not being able to relate to them but being interested in how different their lives are from mine. Possibly that is why we watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment