Sunday, February 6, 2011

Review - Black Swan

I have recently been to see the movie 'Black Swan' I wasn't sure what to expect, I hadn't spoken to anyone who had seen it, or read anything about it. After seeing the movie I'm still not sure about what my opinion of this film is.
The film was definitely interesting, surprising, in some places i laughed and in others it freaked me out. I think it may have been the craziest movie i've seen. Part of me feels like it was amazing and then part of me thinks it was just silly. I don't regret going to see it at all. For me it wasn't one of those easy watch movies. It wasn't too confusing, but you had to think about it to be able to understand it. You had to use your head in some places, to realise what was happening and why it happened.
I think the reasons why I like it were how it made you think, made you think to understand what was happening. It wasn't one of those story lines that you see all the time, it was different to the movies I've seen, so you had to pay attention I guess.
I can't really think of any reasons why I personally didn't like it too muchm but it's just not what I would usually watch. Most of my favourite movies are ones based on true story, sport films. Those are the types of movies that I walk away thinking 'man, that was good'.
That isn't really a good reason not to like the film 'Black Swan'. I can't really explain why I didn't totally like it. I couldn't put my finger on it. And now that I realise I have no reason not to like the film my opinion of it is changing. Now I guess my opinion of the movie was that it's actually pretty good. Quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment